Thursday, August 22, 2013

Welcome!!

This is my first post on my new blog.  It is something I have wanted to do for quite a while and I can't explain why I started it today, but I guess enough things finally came together to give me to courage to do this.  I have realized that, while to me, my life is normal and fairly uneventful, what's normal to me is interesting to others.  While I enjoy watching my friends have children and share their experiences with their families, they enjoy hearing about my life in Las Vegas, riding motorcycles, running my own business, meeting new people and enjoying different adventures.  So, it's time to actively share as much as possible, as often as possible.... the good and bad, the perfect and the mistakes.

I am hoping that I will have the courage to share my experiences honestly here, and not leave anything out.  There may be those times when someone's career or personal life may be on the line if the truth got out.  In those cases, I will try to tell the story "between the lines" and not give too many specifics.  That's not to say that I participate in anything illegal or immoral, but everyone's perception of "right" or acceptable is different, and some may wish to not have their experiences publicized, so I will respect the wishes of those people in my life and only publish what they agree is okay with them.  Many of my adventures will be just me on my own around town or on a road trip and those should be cut and dried.

While I have titled this blog "My Heart Is A Motorcycle", it will be about all aspects of my life.  Much of my life DOES revolve around motorcycles, so I thought it was an appropriate title.  I also thought it appropriate because, at least for me, when I hear that title, I think of the motorcycle as a metaphorical term for journeying and my heart as how I feel about the journey.  Ultimately, no matter what happens, I think life is merely a journey to be lived and felt with the heart.  My motorcycles have allowed me to feel life in ways I would not have otherwise been able to, and I have learned to take that feeling into the rest of my life even when I'm not on two wheels.

I hope that that readers of my blog will enjoy my writings, sharing my feelings and my journey, and I'm looking forward to hearing your comments and feedback about my experiences in this world.  If there is anything you love or hate about my writing, or want to know more about, please let me know.  I want to create a place where you all can feel like you are on this journey with me and the best way to do that is to allow you to actually be a part of it... Welcome to my world!! 

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting Karen... Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ava! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my first entry!! My second one is up!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete